Apply to be a leader
Personal Development​​

20 hours to learn something new

courtney.brooks
courtney.brooksHost

Drop file here to send
Expired
By host - courtney.brooks
Writer Josh Kaufman shares his own tried-and-tested technique to learn a new skill by putting in just 45 minutes a day for a month.
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
courtney.brooks
courtney.brooks followed this discussion
Host
Do you think this is actually possible? Why or why not?
3 mths
carey-burgess followed this discussion
Host
Then WHY must be we in school until April??!??? Fake news.
3 mths
Host
I spent 20+ hours trying to understand chemistry when I was in college and I failed
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
ericka-mariel, julie .joseph , andy.pradana and 7 other people started following this discussion
hdy-fyz, carol.kapur, bimbim and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Define"something".
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
The title is misleading. He is mostly talking about breaking past the"frustration barrier"
3 mths
Host
Unless it's Photoshop
3 mths
Host
Well, you can learn java in 20 hours.
3 mths
Host
20 hours It's only for a basic notion if you're talking about something like yoga or a new language or music. You just need a lot more practice than that. I think it's more like 10,000 hours.
3 mths
Host
I would be very curious whether Josh (or anyone here agreeing with this 20 hours) would sit behind me on a passenger jet which I (try to) fly with 20 hours of knowledge/experience of piloting a plane. :D
3 mths
More than 50 people have joined this discussion.
Host
I think that's a totally age dependent theory. I'm 50+ and bugger all wants to stick in the memory now.
3 mths
Host
I don't mind the 20 hours studying but skipping for 2 days is asking too much.
3 mths