Apply to be a leader
Sports​

20 most important golf rules changes for 2019

travis.dodds
travis.doddsHost

Drop file here to send
Expired
By host - travis.dodds
As of 2019, new golf rules apply worldwide. It is the most major revision of the rules for more than 30 years. This easy-to-understand video gives you a clear overview of the changes so that you can benefit from all the simplifications and new relief procedures.

Yves C. Ton-That, referee and author of the bestseller “Golf Rules Quick Reference” which has sold more than 1.5 million copies, guides you through all the changes. The rules expert's explanations are based on the “New Rules of Golf for 2019” as published by the USGA and R&A in March 2018.
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
travis.dodds
travis.dodds followed this discussion
Host
Do you think these rule changes will improve the game? Why or why not?
3 mths
naseer.ahmad
naseer.ahmad followed this discussion
Host
I have 'double hit' the ball so many times my guys just say 'add one' now...I like that rule change.
3 mths
Host
What an excellent summary. Clear and concise, well presented. Well done.
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
jui-chawla-1, rahul.sharma.10, ahmd.albasre and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
If a ball is dropped from standing position and then played without re-dropping from knee height - what is the penalty?
3 mths
Host
I wish there were a rule against music on the course. Lib publications such as Golf Digest actually encourage it. Music, along with loud talking, has no place on the course. Music is highly personal. your music is not mine, nor is mine-opera and classical-yours. Save it for your space; not public space. We are surrounded by gorgeous Nature out there. What more could anyone want?
3 mths
Host
What in the hell is Kevin Na going to do without his caddie lining up everyone of his shots???
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
If you stink at this game quit playing from the tips. You're really not that good and you're slowing everything up.
3 mths
Host
That's my home course Arabella golf in Spain! Awesome video and thanks for the good explanation!
3 mths
Host
I like the one about keeping the flag in. When I play by myself, I always leave it in. It also means less foot traffic around the flag.
3 mths
Host
In my opinion, the most significant rule change is the one “permitting committees to allow golfers the option to drop the ball in the vicinity of where the ball is lost or out of bounds (including the nearest fairway area), under a two-stroke penalty. It addresses concerns raised at the club level about the negative impact on pace of play when a player is required to go back under stroke and distance.”
3 mths
Host
Loved the shot out of the water—I laughed so hard! Thanks for putting that in there!
3 mths
Host
That double hit demo had to take forever to get on video!
3 mths
More than 50 people have joined this discussion.