Apply to be a leader
Love, Dating & Relationships​​

84-year old man learned to do make up for his wife

AstridHughes
AstridHughesHost

Drop file here to send
Expired
The heartwarming story of an elderly gentleman taking make-up lessons is creating quite a sensation on the internet. When Des’s wife Mona started losing her vision in her 80s, he stepped in to make sure that his wife could still feel like a million dollars. The couple, who’ve been married for 56 years, were off to a big party when Mona, aged 84, wanted to make an effort. Knowing that her failing vision wouldn’t allow her to apply her own make-up, the pair went to a make-up artist, Rosie.

While Rosie went about applying the make-up, Des decided to lend a hand and was quite the “natural” according to the beautician, and his talents grew from there. The couple both believe that “less is more” and as Mona points out: “He thinks I’m lovely the way I am.”

The video itself of the couple “just enjoying life” is wonderful to watch as they hold hands and reminisce about their many years together, with Des telling stories of wooing Mona with his dulcet tones. Their story simply demonstrates the true beauty of marriage. https://aleteia.org/2018/06/06/watch-this-84-year-old-husband-do-his-wifes-makeup-video/"
This discussion is set to be archived. That means the discussions lasts just a few days, while people can comment. After that no one can comment but the discussion can still be viewed
AstridHughes
AstridHughes followed this discussion
barrys-cirielle
barrys-cirielle followed this discussion
Host
When Mona's deteriorating sight meant she could no longer apply her own make-up, her loyal husband Des stepped in, and started taking lessons. It's a love story that captured the heart of top make-up artist, Mario Dedivanovic.
7 mths
Host
Isn't this just the cutest thing ever? Does this make you believe that true love still exists?
7 mths
Host
A relationship and marriage is a full equal partnership. It's about giving. Unfortunately, so many people go into it thinking what's in it for me and what can I get out of it? This is how it should be and I'm sure she does or did plenty for him as well.
7 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
God bless this beautiful couple. The only couple that i can compare their love to is my beautiful parents. My father would wash and dress my mother after her fingers became deformed. He combed her hair. My dad never complained, they were married for 52 years my dad died in my mothers arm. I don't know what happened to these good men and women. People changed everyone are so artificial.
7 mths
Host
This story touched my heart it is very seldom now a days to find a man that will truly stay with you in your worst time. True love does exist. They are both lucky to have each other that long.
7 mths
plymouthsutton-keysaybike-aybukecharlie-puth
plymouthsutton-keys, aybike-aybuke, charlie-puth and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Reminds me of my husband. I was 8 months pregnant with our 2nd and last child. I couldn't walk far without bad pain in my hips. I definitely couldn't bend over. On top of it, he had missed some work so I couldn't afford to get a pedicure. He painted my toenails for me. It's one of the sweetest things he's ever done. He took his time, cleaned up the mistakes, and didn't complain one bit.
7 mths
Host
Age doesnt matter
7 mths
shirley-edentracey-lymanpim2
shirley-eden, tracey-lyman, pim2 and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
We take things for granted in everything we do. It's just automatic. When a lover or spouse goes above and beyond to make him or her feel special. It's one in a million she hit the lottery of a life time.
7 mths
jackson.masontara.mariesak.sonita
jackson.mason, tara.marie, sak.sonita and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Reminds me of my Dad and Mom they were so much in love with each other my Dad would do anything for my Mom loves of there lifes . sadly Mom passed away in her 60's in 1982 and Dad never remarried he passed away in March 2009.
7 mths